Repeat on the workshop on Parenting Tips.
Date : 14 Jan 2012
Resource Person : Dr Naveen Grover (Clinical Psychology)
An Interactive workshop on Parenting Tips was held on 14 Jan 2012 in our school. The workshop was for the parents of the kids of age 3to 10 years. Dr Naveen Grover addressed the parents and then light on the problem faced by the parents of modern age while raising then kids . He gave tips which one can apply in ones day today life while bringing up the kids. At the end of the workshop he even Interacted with the parents and ensured their queries.
AWARDS RECEIVED BY SCHOOL TEACHERS
1. Honoured by Shri Vijender Gupta Ji (an Indian politician fromDelhi , currently a Member of Legislative Assembly) in 10th Swabhiman Sports Festival 2015
2. Received Distinguished Service Award 2015 given by Dr. K.K.Aggarwal (Heart Care Foundation of India)
3. Received Life Empowerment Award for (Health and Fitness) given by Sh. Rajat Sharma ( Aap ki Adalat ) at National Science Centre
4. NavJoyti India Foundation celebrated Shikshak Diwas 2015 in the Premises of S D Public School, Pitampura , New Delhi on 10 September 2015. The students of Akhil Bhartiya Netrahin Sangh demonstrated Acrobatic Yoga in presence of Dr. KIRAN BEDI.
Mr. Hemant Sharma (Yoga Teacher)and students of Akhil Bhartiya Netrahin Sangh were given appreciation award.
Mr.Anil Kumar & Ms.Shaloo
Received Life Empowerment Award for Schools (2014-15) for outstanding Achievement in the Award category of “Inclusive Education in Schools”
WORKSHOPS / ENRICHMENT PROGRAMMES ATTENDED
Ms. Kusum Saroha, PGT( Physics) participated in a workshop organised by ‘Indian Association of Physics Teachers’ (IAPT) and ‘Quality Education Asia’ ( QEA) to upgrade Physics curriculum for senior secondary classes
Ms.Sonia Bobal and Ms.Sneh Ahuja of Science Department attended a two day long interactive workshop on ‘Science Pedagogy-Laboratory learning to classroom wherein they were exposed to the latest tools and technologies used in different experiments and conceptual learning in Chemistry and Biology labs.
Mr. Anil Kumar ….
1.attended a workshop on Pro Social Peer Moderator Programme for Aggression Management in Department of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences Forties Hospital Shalimar Bagh,
2. attended workshop on Digital India, A meet of Principals, Counselors & Senior Teachers.
3. attended COMMOTION TEACHERS’ SEMINAR on “Teaching Ethics” & “Inclusive Education”
4. was invited as Resource Person by DIET, Pitampura for training programme of teachers/educators on ‘Inclusive Education’ in November, 2015
5. was invited as Resource Person by Association of Rehabilitation Professional and Parents on Challenges in Inclusive Education in Blind Relief Association, Lodhi Road.
6. organized workshop on ‘Disability Awareness’ in S D Public School, Pitampura on 20th December, 2015. 190 participants including professional, parents and 23 teachers from our school .
Ms. Poonam ( Maths Dept) attended Workshop on Latest Techniques and Teaching methods for Mathematics
Ms. Kanika (Primary Teacher) attended a workshop on Enhancing Numeracy Skills conducted by QEA ( Quality Education Asia).Resource person,Mr. Rupam Shah stressed on methodologies to generate interest in primary students for Mathematics and to develop effective teaching strategies to enhance numeracy skills in children.
Ms. Shivangi & Ms. Jayanti (Primary Teachers)attended a workshop on 'Teaching and assessing young learners' by Trinity College London .The workshop focussed on the characteristics of very young learners and how they learn.
A two days extensive Awakening Citizen programme organized by Rama Krishna Mission was attended by five teaching staff members - Ms. Chetna, Ms.Nisha, Ms. Charu, Ms. Vidhi, Ms. Deepika Vadera The programme was an insight into the mind of the learner so as to develop his capabilities , traits and make him a complete accomplished human being.
AWARDS RECEIVED BY SCHOOL
GREEN SCHOOL AWARD (24 December 2015)
SDPS was awarded Green School Award for being one of the most clean and Green schools of Delhi by Afro – Asian – American Chamber of Commerce, at India’s International Centre. It was indeed a prestigious moment for the school as the efforts of Eco-Club and Yuvakriti ( A skill development programme of the school) were acknowledged.
UTKRISHTH SHIKSHAK SAMAAN (23 August 2015)
Pt. Shri Ram Sharma Acharya, UTKRISHTH SHIKSHAK SAMAAN was given to the Principal and two teachers of S D Public School, Pitam Pura, for their excellent services.
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL AWARD (8 July 2015)
Received International School Award ( British Council Award). The school got 100% marks in the project. NATIONAL DISABILITY EXCELLENCE AWARD (21 May 2015) Ist National disability Excellence Award was given on 21st May 2015 by Shri Sandeep Kumar Minster of Social welfare, Govt of NCT of Delhi. spiritual and value education (SAVE) AWARD.
International felicitation was received by Principal Mrs. Anita Sharma and teachers Mr. Hemant Sharma, Ms. Shalu Yadav, Ms. Neerja Gupta and Ms. Gayatri Bhasin on the occasion of the spiritual and value education day. Hon'ble Piotr Klodkowski, Ambassador of Poland presented the Award.
AWARDS/ RECOGNITIONS RECEIVED BY STUDENTS
1) State Level science Exhibition
Students of VIII , Rahul Rathore and Priyanshu Tayal participated in State Level science Exhibition and displayed a working model based on ‘Smart Ways of Waste Management’.They were immensely appreciated by the judges also received a cash prize of Rs 250 each.
2) Deepanshu Jindal of Class XII qualified his round 1 and 2 of KVPY examination (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana). He is entitled to receive grant from UGC as and when he may join research programme.
3) Abhishek Goyal of Class Xth qualified Techkriti Open School Championship Exam held on 10th January 2016 in Kanpur organized by IIT and is second rank holder from the selected 50 students. He was the only student selected from Delhi to represent the state.
4) Akshay Singhal and Samarth Varshney of class X participated in an Interschool competition ‘Creative Minds’ at Maharaja Agrasen Adarsh Public School,Pitampura on 10-8-2015. They demonstrated chemical Chameleon and Optical Illusion and were awarded 2nd position in the event.
AWARDS/RECOGNITIONS RECEIVED IN YOGA
1. 7th National Yoga Championship (28 October 2015)
7th National Yoga Championship 2015 held at Bhraman Bhavan,Jind(Haryana) from 24th to 26th October 2015. 13 of our students secured Merit Positions. Devanshi Mahajan, Bhavya Jatrana,Saloni,Rainy Varshney and Pritansh Varshney got 2nd Position. Anushka,Pranjal,Sneha Tiwari,Khushin Gupta and Piyush Tiwari got 3rd Position. Sakshi Raj and Neha got 4th Position Laxmi got 6th Position.
2. 12th Northern India Yoga Championship. (16 November 2015)
5 of our students along with 25 other students of Delhi Schools and colleges participated in Northern India Yoga Sports Championship 2015 held at UNA(Himachal Pradesh) from 13th to 15th November 2015. Mr. Hemant Sharma (Yoga Teacher) of Our school was deputed as Team Coach for the Championship. Among the participants, Rainy Varshney got 4th, Pritansh Varshney got 5th and Devanshi Mahajan got 5th rank in northern India.
3. 31th Delhi State Yoga Championship (3 December 2015) Students of 50 schools and colleges participated in the competition. The Students of S D Public School won the Over-All Championship Trophy. The winners were…
Sneha Tiwari 1st
Rainy Varshney 2nd
Pritansh Varshney 3rd
Manvendra Pant 3rd
Devanshi Mahajan 3rd
Khushin Gupta 6th
4. 40th National Yoga Championship (14 January 2016)
40th National Yoga Championship (Yoga Federation of India) was held at Manglore, Karnataka from 10th to 14th January 2016.
8 of our students were selected in this Championship. out of total 18 students of Delhi selected. The selected students were
WORKSHOPS ATTENDED BY STUDENTS
Road Safety Campaign in S.D Public School,Pitampura
A session on Responsible Road Behavior was held at SD Public School on 5 December 2015.It was organized by PVR Nest Cineart on ' Steer to Safety Programme’ . The speaker apprised the audience about different traffic rules and regulations on road safety. The Principal Ms Anita Sharma gave vote of thanks to the guests and proposed to set up a club with parents to ensure the road safety of the school children.
Students of Classes IXth & Xth attended a workshop "Going Beyond" organised by ATLANTIS INNOVATIONS at National Science Centre on 29th January 2016.
French students of Classes IXth and Xth attended an educational programme at Alliance Francaise, Lodhi Road which included screening of a French Film, visit to the library and an audio-visual Quiz.
- Visit to Eternal Gandhi Multimedia ...
- Visit to Indian Air Force Museum...
- SPORTS ACHIEVEMENTS 2016-2017...
- Swachh Paryavaran Rally...
- 12 students along with 2 teachers f...
- A Visit to Parle-G, Biscuit Factory...
- Felicitation Ceremony for JEE( MAIN...
- योगा क...
- Students scored above 90% CBSE Res...